The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Fussy Garden Form

Today we are exposed to a form that is new to me - the shadorma - a 6 line, syllable-counted haiku derivative.  I love haiku/senryu, as you can see by scrolling through this blog, so I like this ideas.  The first one is just playing with the name; the second is how my day is going; the third is today's weather, and the last is in the haiku spirit, reflecting my affection for the amphibians I find in my yard.

Correction, a day later - this form is not a haiku derivative.  It comes to us from Spain.


shadorma
it’s not a shadow
nor gray shade
nor color
standing out in black and white
waiting to be read

~:~

lonely day
i sit by myself
just writing
scribing thoughts
my lovely wife lies in bed
sick and all alone

~:~

falling rain
in early autumn
thick gray clouds
the whole day
night falls and darkness deepens
winter is coming

~:~

slow hopping
under the bushes
mottled tones
blending in
hiding from the hawk’s sharp eyes 
a brown speckled toad

~~::~~

9 comments:

  1. Oh I hope the toad will make it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like them all, really love the last one, and that second one gave me a sharp pain in my belly. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect little collection of shadorma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shadorma! I fell in love with that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each one is a small masterpiece; love the last best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. blending in hiding from
    the hawk’s sharp eyes

    Survival means to be a few steps ahead or one is done for!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are great... The first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB