The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Carpe Diem #675



I'll admit that sometimes - OK, often - poetry baffles me.  So it was with yesterday's CD entry.  I simply could not wrap my head around it.  The inspirational poem was totally opaque to me, and I couldn't find any way to relate.  Today, the painting, as odd as it is, gives me something to grab onto. 




My impression: I do find this picture to be quite illusionary, evocative, and perhaps even elusive.  Where does one house end and the next begin?  How many structures are there?  The roof lines in particular seem almost surreal, the perspective is weirdly off kilter, and the lighting seems unnatural.

None of this is intended as criticism - it's just an accounting of how the picture strikes me. 


amid the lush fields
of the sunny countryside
a shadowed manor

~:~

this old rambling house
what mysteries does it hold
in its shadowed halls

~:~

under the thatched eaves
in the deep purple shadows
orb weaver's secret

~:~

who would imagine
van gogh as a house painter
what a big surprise

 ~:~

all those stars and fields
why did van gogh never paint
a moose and a goose

~:~

10 comments:

  1. Thatched roofs on rude homes,
    growing as the seasons turn;
    organic farmhold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shades of mystery and of nature --- with a healthy dose of humor too -- which I love about your poetry. :) Van Gogh as a house painter made me giggle a bit. Sorely needed, too. o.O Nicely done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love that you took us inside the dwelling... with it's shadows.. of course a great place for the orb weaver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you got inspired! I think each haiku bursts with atmosphere! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love number 3 - ah secrets and purple shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not familiar with the typical english hamlet then : where everything sort of morphs together. Lean-to's in many cases.

    "n the deep purple shadows" so right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well crafted series. Yes, why did he never paint wildlife, he seemed to be a fair house painter. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB