The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Monday, December 17, 2012

100WCGU #69

This week's prompt is the word pair " .  .  . Bah  Humbug!  .  .  ."

I sheepishly offer my response to this challenge, in exactly 99 words.


THE WOLLENSPOOF SONG

To the stables down at Scrooge’s
To the place where Scroogie shears
To the dear Old Time Pole Barn we love so well

Sing the Wollenspoofs assembled
With their hooves all raised on high
And the magic of their bleating casts its spell

Yes, the magic of their bleating of songs Scroogie loves so well
"Shall I foreclose" and "You owe me" and the rest
We will serenade our Scroogie while life and voice shall last
Then we'll we’ll go and become mutton with the rest

We're poor little lambs who have lost our way
Baa, Bah, Humbug!


~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Update: If anyone doesn't get the reference, they are to Ebeneezer Scrooge and The Wiffenpoof Song.

What I didn't realize is that what I've done here is a parody of a parody.  Welcome to the parody parade.

2 comments:


  1. this one made me laugh out loud.

    I loved the:
    We will serenade our Scroogie while life and voice shall last
    Then we'll go and become mutton with the rest.

    So seriously silly, or is it silliouly serious?
    Muttonously speaking, I am a lamb.

    Enjoyed.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, funny, funny! Baaaah humbug.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB