The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Friday Flash 55

On Saturday.  I'm a day late, but have a dollar in my pocket.

Here are two entries, continuing the weird story that is building itself in a variety of flash formats.


CHERYL'S BABY
[continued from here]

Cheryl gazes at her new-born daughter’s beautiful face, not quite identical to hers – a variation on a theme.

Her wisps of blond hair are curly.

Her little dimpled knees, her fingers and toes are perfect.

Everything about her is perfect.  Everything.

She yawns and stretches the way babies do, and flutters her tiny diaphanous wings.
  



~  ~  ~  ~  ~

LOVE AND MARRIAGE
[continued from here]


As Cheryl and Gil are preparing dinner, she says, " We haven’t cooked together for a while."

Gil catches her meaning.

Later that night, as they lay with their limbs entangled, Cheryl whispers, "I really do love you."

"Really?,” Gil wonders.  How much was she doubting herself?

"And I really do love you," he replies.


~  ~  ~  ~  ~ 

Friday Flash 55 discovered via Ann Pino

Cheryl's thread

Gil's thread

6 comments:

  1. I think you captured some human moments here. These both made me pause and reflect. Thanks. (If this is your first 55 with G-Man, I'm looking forward to more.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazzbumpa...
    Very nicely penned.
    I hope you found this prompt to be creative, challenging, and FUN!!
    Feel free to visit other 55ers to see the different writing styles.
    Most Excellent 55
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  3. You caught me by surprise with the baby's tiny diaphanous wings. A variation on a theme? I guess! That's what a 55 should do...make us think and wonder. Thanks and welcome about the 55 train!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, these are awesome. You are really good! I especially like your endings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fun and sweet, but you should pace yourself - Friday 55 will be here again before you know it!

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB