The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Carpe Diem Modern Times Haiku #3 Jerry Kilbride (1930-2005)

Of the four Jerry Kilbride examples, the potato one seems abstract and mysterious.  In the other three there is a deeply touching moment with a unique person - so something very concrete.   This appeals to me.

This has been a difficult summer.  Early in June my mother had a stroke.  She was fairly stable for a few days, then went rapidly down hill.  She spent her last few days at Hospice of Northwest Ohio, a beautiful location, where she received quality care.  Sadly, she was not aware in any obvious way of us or her surroundings.

That period was physically and mentally exhausting.  I really haven't fully recovered.  So I'm in the right frame of mind to be inspired by Jerry Kilbride.


mostly she just slept
as we sat by her bedside
a stroke of bad luck

and a flashback to childhood

a porcelain cup
filled with tea and memories
graham crackers with mom


4 comments:

  1. I am very sorry for your loss.
    Sweet memories in your second haiku

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to watch our once vibrant mothers in such a state. You, Cheryl-Lynn and I have all lost our moms since last December. So we will continue the journey of healing knowing we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going through much the same thing now, but in a waiting phase. I am sorry for the loss of your mother. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB