The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday / Mellow Yellow Monday

Shadow Shot 

Central Catholic High School, Toledo Ohio - South Entrance

My lovely wife took this picture yesterday while I was inside practicing with the alumni band.

The event was the CCHS Music Hall of Fame banquet.

Mellow Yellow Shot

Still Feelin' The Music

The alumni band performed the Alma Mater and the CCHS Victory march, which you might recognize as the Notre Dame fight song.  Yes, we too are the Fighting Irish!

That's the yellow brass bell of my euphonium, just right of center, sticking up behind the head of the lady in black, playing the clarinet.

Another Mellow Yellow Shot

 Jerry DePrisco, CCHS Music Director, 1955 -1974

The Alumni Glee Club performed their signature tune, May the Lord Bless You and Keep You.

Each of the eight HoF indictees, from classes of 1950(!) through the stellar 1983 group performed a song.  Some seriously word-class talent was on display.  Todd Fournier (83) is touring with Frankie Valli as one of The Four Seasons, Jill Bonczak (83) has been member of the Lyric Opera of Chicago for 18 years, and pianist Larry Fuller (83) has performed everywhere.

It was an awesome night, and for me a very emotional experience.

Link to SSS II


MellowYellowBadge

5 comments:

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB