The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Carpe Diem #246, Inspiration



~ 1 ~

on life's bumpy road
searching for those elusive
haiku moments

~ 2 ~

look inside
it's in there somewhere
north of your spleen

~ 3 ~

what the light bulb does
so bright above your head
it's working

~ 4 ~

web of silken threads
orb weaver's masterpiece
driven by hunger

~~::~~

Carpe Diem #246



14 comments:

  1. JzB Before I forget - your name at CD is linked to a strange website, not to here ??? Check it out! I especially liked your spider haiku tonight! Hunger as the great motivator to creativity! :) (I'm missing moose and goose!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops - that's where I found the lightbulb pic.

      I'm not sure what inspires moose and goose. That might be hunger, too. They'll be back some day soon.

      Thanx,
      JzB

      Delete
  2. There's a name for the spleen-and-liver-and-lung-and-intestine readers: haruspices (sing.: haruspex). Might you be one of their ilk? :)

    Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh heavens no
      in fact i think they're haruble

      i have done quite a bit of spleen venting this weekend
      though

      Cheers!
      JzB

      Delete
  3. The first and fourth are wonderful, JzB!

    moose and goose wander
    looking for inspiration ~
    what does it look like?

    You always write cute haiku as responses. Thought I'd give it a try. Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha - good

      I'm raising a ruckus in an organization I belong to, and it's emotionally wrenching. Not the greatest week end. Oh well.

      Thnx,
      JzB

      Delete
  4. Those bumps disturb some great haiku JzB.

    Inpsiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome series JzB ... I have already linked your post for today to the right site. It's an every day joy to see how moose and goose and spider are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...north of the spleen ~ Gotta love your sense of humor ~ Wonderful haiku! happy week to you and thanks for your comments . ^_^

    ReplyDelete

  7. orbiting
    a spider's web...
    hunger

    ReplyDelete
  8. hit enter too early...
    I love #4 best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your spider haiku today... great one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hunger can be a great source of inspiration, wee Orb Weaver!

    Inspiration

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB