The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Wordle #80




A shot at minimalism: the 12 target words all used in a 17 word 
sentence Dedicated to Red State Republican Legislators.

We men think of a way - or wish for that power: women bound within a single damaged thread.

~    ~    ~

Twelve Haiku
First lines extracted from
 A RECOLLECTION by John Peale Bishop

The fine slender taut
THREAD of ribbon (convention?)
Held her in its bind.

~    ~    ~

Descended, her red hair
Once BOUND, now unbound, flows free
As she races on.

~    ~    ~

When the young distraught
MEN sought her for their pleasure
She would laugh at them.

~    ~    ~

Loveliness demands
The attention of my heart.
Such is its POWER.

~    ~    ~

And I too commenced
WITHIN the ancient mystic
ritual - to hope.

~    ~    ~

Her delicious hands,
When they waved in a certain
WAY kept hope alive

~    ~    ~

With that golden cloud
of mystery around us
WE shared one moment.

~    ~    ~

I praised her as I
Could at that SINGLE time
Before she grew old.

~    ~    ~

Perversely proud, all
Thoughts WITHIN sought to deny
That her youth was gone.

~    ~    ~

Painting her portrait
The artist just hinted at
Her DAMAGED beauty

~    ~    ~

By sea Reflections
All She could THINK of were those
New wrinkles and old pearls.

~    ~    ~

Young breasts, slim flanks: and
memories of old WOMEN 
From when they conquered.

~    ~    ~

Since she was dead I
Could only despairingly
WISH that she were not.

~    ~    ~
Oops - it's 13.  I used WITHIN twice.
No extra charge.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent haiku. I especially like the thread of the female that runs through the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting rather good at weaving long stories with short stanzas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.

    I didn't really plan to have the haiku weave a story, but as I discovered them, it started to look like to was going to work.

    Pulling it together was fun.

    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well done!

    And congratulations on your Honorable Mention in last week's Limerick-Off. Great job! Limerick of the Week 85.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB