The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Carpe Diem #229, Hanabi (Fireworks)

I am not a fan of fireworks. Oh, the colors and the occasional quasi-floral displays are pretty and might even be impressive, but I really don't like the noise. Here in the U.S. the 4th of July [Independence Day] is a big fireworks extravaganza, with big cities and little villages all putting on their loud, bright, shows. Many private citizens get into the act as well, and anticipate 7/04 by quite a few days. I heard fireworks in my neighborhood just last night. Fireworks displays are also common after baseball games. Both the Detroit tigers and Toledo Mudhens have them after Friday night games.

The U.S might lag Japan in fireworks enthusiasm, but I think we do our part.




~ 1 ~

kids running bases
under the exploding blooms
after the ballgame

 

~ 2 ~

after the ballgame
loud bright colored sky blossoms
over Monroe Street


~ 3 ~

fire works display
old man watches with wide eyes
and fingers in ears


~ 4 ~

moose and goose see
stars explode over the lake
they just don't get it


~ 5 ~

fire works flower
the only one guaranteed
to be spider-free

~~::~~

For a completely different take on fireworks, see here.

 ~~::~~

Carpe Diem #229

10 comments:

  1. A wonderful series JzB. I do like fireworks, but the noise isn't what I like. So I can emphatize with that third haiku.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you write in your down home language. It's so endearing. I hate the noise too. Enjoyed today's series very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I trust the old man's fingers won't slip from ears to eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. each better and better....I am not a big fan of fireworks either, and I, too, heard some last nite...I love the old man....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! An enjoyable read.. I particularly liked the old man one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can actually see you with those fingers in your ears LOL

    First Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a big fan of fireworks, either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think there is a little moose and goose in me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your haiku always paint so vivid pictures with words...also this time.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB