The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Carpe Diem #529 Footprints

I have no reason, nor even an excuse for my long hiatus from Carpe Diem, and certainly, I'm out of practice.

I have been busy, and making a lot of music, but that's nothing new.  Anyway - here I am.  For at least one day.

Our oldest granddaughter, Amanda, spent a week in New York with the Rockettes, then the following two weeks at the Cecchetti Ballet Council of America Summer Intensive at Hope College here in Michigan.

But all that is in the past now, so I wonder .  .  .



in quiet darkness
does the stage floor remember
feeling dancers' feet

~~::~~

with every new step
an implicit decision
to turn or go straight

~~::~~

in damp forest leaves
a scurrying brown squirrel
startles moose and goose

~~::~~

a thin strand quivers
at the touch of six small feet
orb weaver's delight 

 ~~::~~




6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful -- I'm enjoying the orb weaver's delight -- but I'm especially enjoying your wonderful, mysterious first poem -- !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to have you back, JzB - moose and goose were missed! :)
    Does the stage floor remember...makes me wonder...and wander...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No excuses needed JzB ... i am glad to see you here again ... you, and moose, goose and spider were missed. Hope all is well ... What a wonderful series of haiku you have shared. Your first is awesome and mysterious, but your last is really my favorite ... Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where you were...and here you are--in excellent form! Thank you for these little gems, especially the stage floor, which I am sure remembers all those scuffling feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Namaste, my friends.

    Thank you for the visits and the kind words.

    Cheers!

    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful to see you here, whenever you are able.

    Ah, I see what you mean - the stage and steps, like walls having ears :)

    The form I used I was told was a renga, basically two haiku with two lines of 7 syllables in the middle. Sometimes when a single ku is not enough to tell the story I extend it. Thank you for your visit and kind words.

    Continued success with the music you make, instrumental or otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB