The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Whirl -- Wordle 97




Discipline

I'm still working on
The discipline of patience
Always reaching out too soon
For what might on its own
Fly to me if only I would wait


But, no - I would be heroic
And spurn the wise prophets
Who council reticence, restraint
Tell me refrain from stealing pieces
Of what tears when clutched too tight


So I am still left alone gazing
Upon those rare happy couples
Who define their sphere of influence
By the limits of his yang, her yin
At that sublime moment of love

4 comments:

  1. Nicely whirled, and completely emphasising with the lack of discipline and the wish for the complement of yin and yang. I’m a big fan of haikus so I’m looking forward to reading thru your other posts. My site is easy to find it's my name and .com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is perhaps the hardest discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every new morning, I'm working on my discipline of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, it's restraint.

    Thanks for the comments.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB