The Lighter Side of JzB

Here you will find photos, poetry, and possibly some light-hearted foolishness. For the Heavier Side
of JzB
see my other blog,
Retirement Blues. (There be dragons!)

I claim copyright and reserve all rights for my original material of every type and genre.


Every day visits*
From Moose, Goose, and Orb Weaver
All seized by Haiku


"Why moose and goose?" you may ask. Back on 2/04/13 Pirate wrote a haiku with an elk in it, and I responded with
one with a moose and then included him every day. A few days later in comments Mystic asked "Where's the goose?"
So I started including her with this post on 2/07. A week later on the 14th, Mark Readfern
asked for and received a spider. The rest is history.

*Well, most days, anyway. Grant me a bit of poetic license.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Carpe Diem #291, O-Bon Festival (Bon Festival)



~ 1 ~

the path i walk
a trail blazed by many
over centuries

~ 2 ~

my lost ancestors
lived hard lives of poverty
may their spirits rest


~ 3 ~

not just japanese ~
my wife places flowers
on her family's graves

~~::~~

Carpe Diem #291

10 comments:

  1. Lovely haiku honoring of special people ~ love the quote too ~ carol, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me think 'nothing new under the sun'...our paths have already been trod upon,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. trail blazing
    over centuries ...
    ancestral spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the connections in the first one to the past and the suggestion of a connection with the future (trail)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's rather comforting to know that a trail has been blazed for us.

    Festival

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all honor those who are gone in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a custom in Maine to decorate the graves by Memorial Day and to visit often if they can.
    There are also memorials at the place of a sudden death as in a car accident... and memorials for those who died at sea.
    Very touching.

    Thank you for your thoughtful post.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely... and yes.. here in Sweden we place lantern on the graves at "all-saints day"... around the first of October... now unfortunately the tradition is overtaken by Halloween imported for commercial reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice haiku jzb ... I like this ancestor honoring a lot, here we place mainly flowers on graves, but we also see candles on graveyard.

    ReplyDelete

This is a fun blog. Light-hearted banter is welcome. Snark is not. If you want to fight, find my other blog.

Play nice, and we'll all have fun.

I like to return visit, when I can - but I need to find you. If you have multiple blogs, please leave a direct link to the appropriate post.

Cheers!
JzB